Patients experience anxiety, when dealing with the dentist, for a multitude of reasons.
IV Sedation Dentistry protocols have been used safely for over 30 years with millions of dental procedures.
For this reason our office is equipped to provide IV sedation.
Dr. Gordon Barnes has been a member of our team for over 10 years.
Before starting any treatments, Dr. Gordon Barnes, Diplomate in the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology, will review your medical history and explain how sedation dentistry can work for you. Our dentists want you to feel good about going forward towards a healthy, new smile.
On the day of your appointment, an intravenous sedative will be administered, to help you relax during treatment. You will be closely monitored throughout the procedure to ensure their comfort and safety. Additional medication can be administered if a deeper level of sedation is needed. All of our patients feel NO DISCOMFORT whatsoever during treatment, have little or no memory of the visit, and have minimal discomfort following treatment.
In dentistry, there are two major types of conscious sedation, oral and intravenous (IV).
Both types are effective when treating patients, but IV sedation does have its advantages.
- No need to take a pre-medication relaxant medication
- You can arrive at our office clear headed, and not drowsy
- Once the medication is administered, the effects are almost instantaneous.
- No need to wait for a pill to dissolve, and be absorbed into your bloodstream (a process that can normally take up to an hour)
- Once the medication has been removed, you do not need to continue to receive doses of the sedative.
- You leave less groggy and drowsy