PRE Treatment Instructions
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR UPCOMING SURGICAL PROCEDURE
Day before procedure:
- Have soft/cold foods available
- Have ice or ice packs ready
DENTAL IMPLANT PATIENTS
Pick up prescriptions at pharmacy
Night before PROCEDURE:
- If having IV Sedation, the anesthesiologist will call you.
- Take antibiotic the evening before procedure (unless otherwise instructed)
Day of procedure:
- Make sure you have a meal before the procedure (unless having IV sedation)
- If having IV sedation or taking valium
somebody must drive you to and from our office
- Plan to rest for the day i.e.: read a book, watch a movie etc…
- If you wear a denture
please do not put adhesive on the day of procedure.
- Take anti-inflammatory/pain medication in the morning of your appointment
(unless otherwise instructed)
- Day of procedure, please refrain from the use of cosmetics, perfume, cologne
and denture adhesives.
- Bring surgical guide (if indicated for your treatment)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can I drive home after the procedure
- In most situations, Yes you can drive yourself to and from the office, except if IV sedation is used then you cannot drive yourself home after the procedure.
- When can I go back to work after the procedure?
- In most situations, you will be able to return to work the same day, however we recommend that you avoid any physical activity for 24 hours. It is advisable to apply ice to the area for several hours after.