lONG ISLAND DENTISTS MESSAGE BOARD
PURPOSE: To share information with Dental Colleagues in the Long Island Area for the mutual betterment of all concerned.
Information including, but not limited to: case planning, dental issues, staff issues, supplies and equipment issues, management issues.
HOW IT WORKS: Any licensed dentist in Long Island can register their email address with the message board.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR REGISTRATION FORM >>Registration Form
- You can contribute as much or as little to the message board. (you can be a silent reader)
- Whatever you present, or any questions asked will be distributed to the entire group via email.
- This is a listserve and is not edited.
- Most members set up a folder within their emails (with a rule – subject LIDentists) so that all emails are stored in the folder.
THE LONG ISLAND DENTISTS MESSAGE BOARD is Limited to Dentists only, not open to Salespeople or Staff.
Each member may have only one e-mail address on the list. You will not be able to send messages to the list from any address other than the one you specified on the signup form.
To change your e-mail address on the list, contact us>>. Your new address will overwrite the old. Remember that updating the e-mail address with Dr. Farber’s office does NOT change your address on the list.
- Farber Center For Periodontics & Dental Implants provides this listserv for the benefit of all Dentists on Long Island but does not endorse the opinions or information shared through the list.
- Farber Center For Periodontics & Dental Implants cannot and does not assume responsibility for determining the accuracy or ownership of material communicated through the list. Nor is Farber Center For Periodontics & Dental Implants responsible for screening, editing, or monitoring such material.
- Listserv messages are intended for Dentists only and should not be shared publicly.
- All messages should relate to the practice of dentistry and may address topics such as clinical procedures and treatment options, products and therapies, practice management and marketing, insurance claims, and use of technology.
Please keep communication professional and constructive. Avoid inflammatory language, insults, and personal attacks.
- Do NOT discuss fees charged for services, to avoid violating antitrust price-fixing restrictions.
- Do NOT mention any patient’s name for any reason and/or send out photos or radiographs that contain patient information.
- Do NOT send list members any solitication for personal gain or advertising for commercial products or services.
Messages intended for individuals should be sent to their personal e-mail addresses, not the list.
Replies will go to the whole list unless you enter the address of an individual in the “TO” field.
Do NOT enter an email alias when you sign up for the listserve. Because messages sent to an alias are forwarded to a different address, you will not be able to send any messages to the list if you sign up with an alias.
Always fill in the SUBJECT field when sending a new message to the list. When replying to an inquiry in another member’s message, leave the subject the same. When your reply changes the subject, be sure to change the message’s SUBJECT field.
Keep your computer’s virus protection up-to-date to protect your system and other members on the list.
Suggestions for Long Island Dentists listserv should be sent to Dr. Alan Farber not the list.
To unsubscribe to the listserv, e-mail Dr. Alan Farber. The message should contain the following command in the body of the message on a line by itself: unsubscribe.
Questions and comments about the listserv should be directed to Dr. Alan Farber. We welcome your suggestions for improving this member communication tool.