Painless dental implant treatment?
When traditional dental x-rays do not provide sufficient information on the shape and amount of bone for dental implants, a CT scan is recommended. This digital information is converted in our office using a computer program called SimPlant®.
Simplant software (Materialise Corporation) for dental implants is a precise preoperative planning software that provides an increased level of confidence and an extra margin of safety for you when planning the location of implants. This software allows the us and your restorative dentist to properly plan for the ideal position of implants in the available bone.
We can view your jawbone from various angles. We can then determine the height, width, and density of your bone, and the location of the mandibular nerve and the maxillary sinus. Implant simulations can be done on the computer, so the exact size and ideal location for your implant is known.
Dr. Farber has over 25 years experience diagnosing and treatment
planning using the sim/plant software.
Benefits of Simplant®:
- Extra margin of safety (improved visualization of the mandibular nerve, maxillary sinus, and other bony structures)
- Increased accuracy of placement of dental implants
- Realistic three dimensional planning is possible
- Creates a specific course of treatment for you
- Eliminates surpises during the procedure
- Increased success rates of implants
The doctors at Farber Center For Periodontics & Dental Implants combined have been placing implants for over 43 years combined with success rates over 98%.
Simplant Image lower left
Nerve Position Lower Left