Important Information Regarding COVID-19
At Farber Center For Periodontics & Dental Implants, our goal has always been and will continue to be the health, safety, and wellbeing of our patients. Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
As such, during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we have taken the following steps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
- Virtual Lobby – We will practice limited use of our reception area (no magazines, forms, etc.). We ask that patients text us at Hauppauge Office Phone Number 631-265-4442 upon arrival in the parking lot. We’ll greet you, ask you to come in at appointment start time and ask that any family members remain outside the office.
- Masks/Face Coverings- As required by the CDC, masks or facial coverings must be worn by everyone entering our office. Please wear a mask.
- Social Distancing – We’ve expanded appointment times to limit the number of people in the office at any given time and reduce exposure.
- Screening – We’ll ask staff and patients general health questions, and some specific to COVID-19 symptoms (cough, sore throat, aches) as well as inquiries about recent travel and exposure risk/history. We’ll also take the temperatures of staff daily and of patients upon arrival at the office to check for fever. Those with elevated temperatures will make arrangements to visit the office another time.
- Mouthrinse – Farber Center For Periodontics & Dental Implants is taking the extra step of providing a Peroxide and Listerine mouthrinse for patients to use before treatment.
- Standards – We use industry recommended gloves, masks, gowns, shields and strictly adhere to hand hygiene, surface cleaning and sterilization protocols for your safety. Additional measures
- Payments- To eliminate the possible exchange of the COVID-19 virus, we are now requesting that all payments be made over the phone prior to your appointment. We can process credit card and CareCredit payments. If you are paying cash, we will still accept payment prior to your appointment date.
- Transportation Escort- Please let your surgical escort know they will need to remain on the property during your surgery. We will need a working cell phone number for them as we will be going over post care instructions. We ask that your escort remain in the car for the duration of any surgery. They will be called once surgery is completed.
You can rest assured that our safety measures will remain in place and continue to evolve as more necessary, in the interest of protecting our patients. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’d be happy to provide additional information.
We look forward to continuing to safely serve your dental needs.
Thank you! Farber Center For Periodontics & Dental Implants