Dr. Alan Farber, DDS | Long Island Periodontist
an expert in periodontics and holistic dentistry
Educations & Honors at a GlaNce
- B.A. degree in Biology from the University of Texas at Austin in 1980
- D.D.S. degree from the University of Texas Dental Branch at San Antonio in 1984
- Completed the accredited advanced specialty education program in Periodontics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1987- Class President
- New York State Certificate for Accomplishing over 2500 hours of continuing education
- Pierre Fauchard Academy- Fellow
- Certified Laser Instructor from the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry (IALD)
Outside of Work
Dr. Alan Farber is not only a leader and educator but continues to get dentists together. In 2002 he started the peri-implant message board – which grew to over 400 specialists had over 28000 postings. This led to the founding of iADS- International Association of Dental Specialists.
Hobbies include photography, wine collection, bicycle riding, serving as an educator- mentoring young dentists, and learning more about whole-body health.
Family: Married 34 years, raising 3 sons (1 married) and 2 female dogs- Betty and Veronica.
Associations & Fellowships
- Former President of Suffolk County Dental Society
- Former President of Northern Brookhaven Dental Group
- Former President of the Northeastern Society of Periodontists
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Periodontics at the State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Dentistry
- Director of the Long Island Dental Forum
- Director of Spear Study Club of Long Island
- Founder and director of the Long Island Dental Forum, the Mid Suffolk Dental Group, the Suffolk Implant Forum, and the Suffolk Forum for Excellence in Dentistry
- Member of the American Dental Association, Academy of Osseointegration, American Academy of Periodontology, the New York State Society of Periodontists, the Northeastern Society of Periodontists, ITI-International Team of Implantology, Suffolk County Dental Society, New York State Dental Association